Baked Chicken Breasts With Garlic and Oregano
photo by linsjaa
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breast halves, on the bone (about 8 ounces each)
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Trim off any excess fat from the chicken.
- Season the breast generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon oregano over each piece and rub with the crushed garlic.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and coat lightly with the olive oil.
- Pour the wine into a 12-inch baking dish.
- Place the chicken breast in the wine, skin side down, and marinate at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°.
- Set the baking dish in the oven and bake the chicken 30 minutes.
- Turn skin side up and bake, basting with the pan juices every 10 minutes, for 25 to 35 minutes longer, until the skin is lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through but still juicy.
- Serve with any remaining pan juices spooned over the chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My chicken breasts had the bone, but were skinless. I used lime juice instead of lemon. I used 1 cup of wine instead of 3/4 so as to get lots of "sauce" Otherwise I followed the recipe as written. It was quite easy and didn't take too long for the prep. My chicken breasts were moist and juicy and tasty. Very good recipe. I will use it for company. The prep is done ahead of time and then during the first half hour of cooking I can give guests a drink and do the veggies during the second half. That gives me time to have a little happy hour with my guests before I have to do kitchen work. Thankyou BeckyF
very good, cooked it for longer than suggested. I used boneless, skinless chicken and marinated it for over 2 hours in the refrigerator so the flavor could seep in. After half an hour of cooking, I covered it with foil and raised the temperature about 50 degrees. helped keep it moist. my boyfriend loved it. it's a keeper!
see 5 more reviews
My family really liked this including my picky little eaters. It was super easy to make. I didn't have any white wine so I used chicken broth instead. I kept to the recipe on every thing else. The chicken turned out super moist and tasty. I served it with a side of green beans sauted with caramelized onions and pecans. Also with a side of spinach pasta with creamy pesto. Very good. My family requested that I make this again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I moved to Las Vegas after retirement in 2000. We lived in South Bend, IN for about 26 years. We both like to travel and we have taken up RV camping and enjoy it a lot. Most of our camping is done in Nevada Utah Arizona and So. California. During the summers our (almost) 9 year old Granddaughter will go with us sometimes. Our Daughter, Son-in-law, and Granddaughter have lived in Las Vegas since January 2001.