Baked Cajun Fries
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In mixing bowl toss the potatoes with the olive oil to coat them.
- Mix the spices and salt together and toss with the potatoes until evenly covered.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the fries and bake another 12-15 minutes. They should be golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mmm, these are very, very tasty! The fries turned out crispy and brown with a lovely flavour to them! I luv how all the spices work great together and will use this blend for other dishes, too. I made two versions of the recipe: One with the listed spices and the other using Recipe #279198, which worked great as well. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this easy and yummy recipe with us! Ill certainly make it again! Made and reviewed for one of my babies during Fall PAC 09.
Made and photographed for PAC, March 09. Delicious potato strips! Sorry, due to haste in preparing dinner my "strips" turned out somewhat rustic in shape! What I found interesting is that I had all the spices, and we use them all in cooking, but the way it's mixed for Cajun flavours does provide a different and new taste for us! I could not get my potato slices to crisp to perfection, but no matter. We had this as one side dish with panfried fish, and it was great!