Baked Butternut Squash With Cheese and Heavy Cream
photo by Eating C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Wash the squash just a little bit, and then peel the squash with sharp knife of if you have potato peeler. With potato peele is easier and quicker to peel everything. Save the remains for food photos :) I highly recommend getting the peeler. It will make your life easier when you peel it.
- Second, cut the squash in slices. The slices should be 1 cm thick or how you like it.
- Third, remove all the seeds from every slice.
- Cut the squash slices in small square pieces.
- Boil the water and cook the squash 15-20 min just because the squash is very hard. With little bit of cooking will make baking easier and quicker.
- When the squash is not so hard anymore, remove the water from it.
- In a glass baking bowl, put a little bit of heavy cream on the bottom.
- Put the half of the squash squares pieces in a baking bowl.
- Cover the top with half of the heavy cream and half of the cheese.
- Put the rest of the squash in a bowl and cover it with the rest of the heavy cream and cheese.
- Put the salt, garlic and pepper (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!