Baked Broccoli With Blue Cheese Sauce
I love blue cheese and this is a great recipe from Maytag Dairy Farm. Use Maytag Blue cheese if possible but any high quality blue will do.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, trimmed, florets separated, stems cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cover broccoli with lightly salted water in a medium saucepan. Heat to a boil over high heat; cook 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a shallow, buttered casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in the flour and garlic. Cook, stirring, until bubbly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk, blue cheese and cream cheese. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 4 minutes. Pour over broccoli; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake until heated through and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation