Baked Broccoli Frittata
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- Heat oil and butter in a wide non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion begins to soften (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in garlic, parsley, broccoli, and basil. Continue cooking, stirring often, until broccoli is bright green (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until well blended. Stir in broccoli mixture.
- Spray a shallow 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Pour the broccoli mixture into the dish. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven until frittata is firm in center when touched (25 to 30 minutes).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great recipe and easy to modify to meet your tastebuds...I've added red peppers, asparagus, etc... Kids love this too. It really doesn't make much--I would say enough for 3 people. I've doubled this and used a 13 x 9 pan and cooked about the same amount of time. It works great. Have fun and experiment with this one!
Perfect cooking times and amounts; a nice healthy way to start the day too! I think this would best serve four people unless you served with some fruit or another side. I don't recommend stirring in the cheese in Step#3 because it melts and makes it harder to clean your skillet - just sprinkle on the top in the last 10 minutes of baking. Very good!