BAKED BRIE WITH BALSAMIC ROSEMARY CRANBERRY SAUCE
photo by Heather N.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 ounces brie round
- 8 ounces puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, balsamic, sugar, rosemary, water, and salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for ten minutes until thick.
- Add above ingredients to food processor and pulse until a compote consistency.
- Cut the puff pastry into an 8x8-inch square.
- Place the puff pastry on a greased baking sheet.
- Place the brie in the center of the dough. Pinch the dough up along the edges of the brie. Do not totally cover the brie. Brush all edges of the dough with the melted butter.
- Spoon the sauce on to the brie. Place the brie in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and crisp. Top with pecans and sprig of rosemary to garnish. Allow baked brie to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving and slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Don't forget to KISS the cook!! :D I love to experiment with food. I love bold flavors. I love to cook and find it especially pleasing when I have someone special to cook for. ? 8726894"