Baked Brie in Bread
This appetizer is a lovely addition to any dinner party. I usually make 3 or 4 for a small get together as they are addictive.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup room temp butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 ounces round brie cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, butter and cream cheese until dough forms.
- Shape into a ball and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide dough into 2 rounds and roll out.
- Place brie on 1/2 of dough, cover with the other and crimp sides.
- Brush with egg, place on a lightly greased pie pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, firm bread cubes and sliced apples.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
When having company over I decided to try this recipe. When I saw the small ball of pastry I was sure it wouldn't be enough to cover the brie - but it was just right. After reading some of the reviews I decided to top my Brie w/Mango Pepper Jam before covering it for some extra flavor and then egg washed it, and sprinkled w/Chinese 5 spice. Turned out lovely (wish I'd taken a photo of the cut part but it was eaten and gone before I could.) The warm, creamy cheese with the golden pastry and the sweet, spicy flavor of the jam all went together to make a stunning appy. Served w/crackersReply
see 2 more