Baked Beets & Shallots
It's nice to roast the beets for a change! The balsamic vinegar and honey give a slightly sweet & sour taste. Very complimentary to the beet flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 8 large beets, peeled and quartered
- 10 shallots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme (or 1/2 teas dried thyme)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (or less)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Place beets& shallots in a 9x13" oven proof dish.
- In a bowl whisk together oil, wine, thyme, pepper flakes, salt& pepper.
- Pour over the beets and shallots, toss until evenly coated.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine honey and vinegar and drizzle over the beets, toss veggies.
- Bake uncovered for another 15 minutes until the beets are glazed and tender.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onion.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation