Baked Beans With Sweet Pickle Juice
photo by Rainbabe
- Ready In:
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- Heat the oven to 250°. Put the pork and beans, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, molasses, and pickle juice in a large bowl and mix well (if making half the recipe this can be done right in your 2-quart bean pot). Divide mixture between two 2-quart bean pots, or put it all in one 4-quart bean pot.
- Top the bean mixture with the chopped onion and the bacon. Bake, uncovered, until the bacon is crisp and the beans are hot and bubbling, about 4 hours. Increase the temperature of the oven to 350° and bake for another hour. Remove the pots from the oven and allow the beans to cool slightly. Stir the onions and bacon into the beans before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!