Baked Asparagus Parcels
From today's local paper, The West Australian. It is recommended as a main for 4 with another side dish. The contributor thought thicker spears were better.
- Ready In:
- 36 asparagus spears
- 30 g butter
- 1 cup spring onion (scallions chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices ham (leg cut thin)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Snap one of the asparagus spears to find the tender point and then cut them all so they are the same length.
- Boil in salted water for 3 minutes and then drain.
- Melt the butter in a small frypan and add the spring onions and cook over a gentle heat until slightly softened - about 3 minutes.
- Add to the frypan the mustard, half the cream, half the cheese and the lemon juice, mix well together and check the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Lay out the slices of ham and divide the mixture evenly between the 12 slices.
- Put three spears on each slice and roll up neatly.
- Place in a baking dish in a single layer and pour over the rest of the cream and scatter the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until all is hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 10 more