Baked Asparagus and Spinach Risotto (Cooking Light)
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 4 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups diagonally sliced asparagus, in 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and stir well, then stir in spinach, broth, salt, and nutmeg.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Add the additional cup of broth if needed.
- Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful!! This was extremely easy to prepare and tasted delicious. It got rave reviews and will definitely be on the menu again soon! I made it on the stove because I had chicken in the oven. I made as directed except that I added the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until absorbed. I added the asparagus halfway through and covered the pan between stirs so it would cook through. I added the cheese at the very end. I can 't wait to make this again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My name is Karen and I live West of Chicago (on the edge of no where!) with my DH, our two German Shepherds, and our two daughters. I love to golf, garden (except for the weeding!), am addicted to romance novels (and good science fiction), and I love to bake--usually cakes from scratch when I have the time! Since getting married, I have been cooking a lot more and am having a lot of fun trying new recipes! And now that I have two little ones, the slow cooker is my friend! The girls take a lot of time, but they are worth it!<br /><br />The dogs are my babies too--though they are about as big as I am! It has been a bit of a challenge at times, as they both have severe hip dysplasia, but they are great dogs and I have learned so much about arthritis! I have also learned a lot about cancer, as our female was diagnosed with bone cancer. She is now on three, but doing great post-chemo. They are both great with the kids and love to ***** little hands and feet! and noses! and ears! and...! <br /><br />I participated in the 2006 Fall PAC--and what a great game/program/thing! So much fun! <br /><br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /></p>