MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A savory California coastal dish from the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 lbs abalone, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cracker crumbs or breadcrumbs
- olive oil, hot
- 1 cup water, hot
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300F and lightly spritz a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Trim off any dark parts of fish and cut into slices.
- Place on a board and tenderize with a mallet until it becomes soft but not mushy.
- Dip into eggs, then in cracker crumbs and fry quickly in olive oil until golden.
- Place to prepared casserole dish.
- Place remaining ingredients into the frying pan and cook for five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour over fish, cover and bake for an hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION