Baja Shrimp Tacos With Jicama-Corn Salsa and Ranch Crema #RSC
photo by mwiederhold
- Ready In:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, devained, patted dry (40-50 count)
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix, divided
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and finely diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced
- 6 tablespoons fresh chives, divided and finely minced
- 2 lemons, zest and juice, divided
- 6 ounces fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 12 (8 inch) corn tortillas
- For Salsa: In medium bowl, combine jicama, tomato, corn, jalopeno, 3 tablespoons chives, zest and juice of 1 lemon, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For Ranch Crema: In small bowl, combine, yogurt, 3 tablespoons chives, 1 tablespoon dry ranch dip mix, zest and juice of 1 lemon. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk milk with remaining 2 tablespoons dry ranch dip mix. Place shrimp in mixture and let marinate for 4-5 minutes.
- Spread bread crumbs on plate. Shake off excess milk mixture from shrimp and toss in bread crumbs till coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. In 2 seperate batches, brown shrimp till fully cooked and drain on paper towel.
- Heat corn tortillas in the microwave covered in wet paper towel for 20 seconds till warmed through.
- To assemble: Place 4 shrimp on each tortilla and top with heaping spoonful of jicama-corn salsa. Drizzle with ranch crema and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!