Baja Citrus Marinade (Chicken or Pork Chops)
photo by apricot 123
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 4 -6 chicken breasts (slice thin if over inch thick) or 4 -6 pork chops (slice thin if over inch thick)
- 6 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage (like Sprite)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Whisk or stir together all ingredients.
- Place meat in a rectangular shaped pan or dish and pour marinade over all contents.
- Turn and move pieces to ensure best coverage of marinade. (Turn halfway through if you are at home.).
- Marinate for 4 or more hours (or overnight).
- Grill until cooked thoroughly!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This marinade was a hit in my household! I wanted a marinade for pork chops that wasn't overwhelming with soy sauce. I used 7-up for the lemon-lime beverage and did substitute red pepper as I didn't have cayenne. I used four center cut chops and marinated them in a gallon zip lock for 6 hrs, turning once. They came off the grill moist with a nice little zippy flavor. Can't wait to try it with chicken breasts. I will definitely be using this recipe again. YUM!!