Bailey's Irish Cream Truffles
photo by Julie Bs Hive
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- Place the chocolate in a heat proof bowl and bring the cream to a boil in a small pot.
- Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute. With a rubber spatula, begin stirring the cream and the chocolate together in the center of the bowl. Gradually incorporate the chocolate and cream from the edge of the bowl.
- Stir in the Bailey's Irish Cream. Cover and let stand overnight or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Scoop the chocolate mixture out into small round balls, about 3/4" in diameter. Roll the truffles, individually, in the palms of your hands to achieve a uniform shape or leave them as is and irregular.
- Store the truffles in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and toss them in confectioner's sugar just before serving.
Made these for my Christmas Party using Caramel Baileys-- great rich and creamy truffle. I also had a little trouble making them into balls at first, but it really helps to put the chocolate mixture in the freezer for about 10 minutes before trying to roll. Also I kept powdering my hands in confectioners sugar before shaping them into a ball which really made it easier. Thanks for posting! : )
Very good taste but the devil of a time rolling; not your fault, it's so darn hot here the chocolate kept melting in my hands-this ain't your everyday M&M! I've had to do these in small batches because of the heat otherwise these do rate 5 stars and I'm adding this recipe to my Christmas Candy list. This was a good one poo, TFS Made this for ZWT3