Sweet Baileys Irish Cream Balls
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but I'm looking forward to trying it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until.
- well blended. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar.
- Allow to dry on wire rack 1 hour.
- Roll in powdered sugar again if desired.
- Store in airtight container between layers of wax paper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummy little suckers, but keep them from the kiddies -- they're a tad boozy for them! I used some crushed animal crackers in place of the vanilla wafers (didn't feel like shopping). I accidentally found that I had a much easier time rolling these into balls after the mixture sat for a while. I had mixed everything together and started to roll the balls after a few minutes, but the mixture was super-sticky. I went off to do something else for a while (maybe for an hour or so), and the mixture was much easier to work with after allowing the liquids to soak in more thoroughly. As with all powdered sugar-coated goodies, they need to be eaten carefully (preferably not with dark clothes on) -- I ate a few and came out looking like one of the cookies myself, lol! Thanks for posting! Made for Sweet December Tag 2014Reply
see 3 more