MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From a magazine cookbook, clipped years ago. The cooking time is the freezer time.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake, store bought
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Slice the top 1 1/4-inch from the top of angel food cake with a serrated knife.
- Hollow out cake center, leaving a 1-inch wall inside,using a grapefruit knife.
- Set top aside.
- Beat heavy cream in a medium bowl until stiff with an electric mixer at high speed.
- Fold in confectioners sugar until dissolved; fold in Baileys and vanilla just until blended.
- Fill hollowed out cake with half the cream mixture.
- Place filled cake on small cookie sheet.
- Replace cake top.
- Frost outside of cake with remaining cream mixture.
- Cover cake with sliced almonds.
- Freeze cake until sides are firm.
- Cover cake with freezer plastic wrap.
- Freeze until 2 hours before serving.
- Transfer cake to cake plate and refrigerate until serving time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION