Baicai Doufu Tang (Chinese Cabbage and Tofu Soup)
- Ready In:
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 2 quarts chicken stock (ideally, use homemade bone broth with plenty of fat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- dried shiitake mushroom (optional)
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil (optional)
- Separate cabbage leaves then wash and drain. Stack leaves together and cut lengthwise into halves. Cut leaves again, into 2" long pieces.
- Bring stock to boil in a pot then add ginger, rice wine, salt and cabbage. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes with lid.
- Add tofu, stirring softly to prevent it sticking. Cover. Cook for another 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer to serving dish, garnish with green onion and cilantro and sesame oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!