Bahn Mi Lettuce Wraps
photo by Turner Broadcasting
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small green apple, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small kirby cucumber, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced into rings
- 1 scallion, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large bibb lettuce
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Fill a medium saucepan three-quarters with water. Add the lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and then drop the shrimp into the boiling water, cook until the shrimp are opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- While shrimp cooks, create an ice bath. Drain the shrimp and place in the ice bath. Once cooled, drain the shrimp and pat off any excess water. Set aside.
- Combine the vinegar, apples, carrots, cucumbers, jalapenos and scallions in a bowl. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the wraps, lay out the lettuce leaves. Divide the poached shrimp and salad among the leaves. Top each with a sprig of cilantro.
- To prepare ahead of time, pack the lettuce, shrimp and 1/4 cup salad in separate containers and assemble when you're ready to eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Turner Broadcasting creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Turner is a Time Warner Company.