Bada Bing Bada Banged Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of water. Cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; gently cook potatoes until tender but still firm, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Place potatoes on a greased, rimmed baking sheet. Smash the warm potatoes with the heel of your hand or a small pan to flatten slightly and break the skin.
- Mix together the olive oil, butter, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; add the potatoes and toss well. Return coated potatoes to baking sheet, leaving 1/2 inch space between each potato.
- Roast potatoes in the preheated oven until lightly browned and slightly crispy; about 30 minutes. Place hot potatoes on a large platter; sprinkle with parsley and the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"