Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts (Light Version)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The sauce is different from others and is REALLY good. I lightened the original recipe and still get rave reviews. I've started taking the recipe with me when I take this to potlucks; everyone loves it and it is the first thing to go!
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
- 1 lb turkey bacon
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce (tomato based)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Half the bacon slices by cutting down the middle of the whole pound.
- Wrap each water chestnut with a piece of bacon. Place the rolls seam side down in a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until bacon is cooked through and almost crisp (sometimes I have to bump the oven up to 400).
- Drain off grease.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, brown sugar and chili sauce. Pour over the bacon-water chestnut rolls.
- Return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with toothpicks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION