Bacon Wrapped Porchetta
photo by MixnVixn
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs boneless pork loin roast, butterflied
- 1 -2 lb thick-cut bacon (above 25 strips)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, flake
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1⁄2 water
- 1⁄2 dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Open up roast so it's flat on cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Flattening roast to 3/4-in. thickness; remove plastic wrap. Season front and back with half salt/pepper/garlic salt.
- In a small bowl combine oil, mustard, garlic, remaining salt/pepper/garlic salt, and herbs; rub mixture into inside of roast. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Wrap with strips of bacon and then tie several times with butchers twine.
- Place roast in deep baking pan lined with roasting rack. Pour water and wine in bottom of pan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 2 hours.
- Uncover and based with juices at bottom of pan. Continue baking 30-35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and bacon is crispy.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes then transfer to cutting board. Remove twine and slice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!