Bacon Tomato Casserole
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute green pepper, onion, salt, marjoram, thyme and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles.
- Add half of the bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Top with cheese and remaining bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, this was wonderful! My husband is a huge bacon lover so I knew he would love it - he went back for more! I didn't have a green pepper, but it didn't seem to matter. I was out of marjoram as well, but the thyme, salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder flavored the can of yes, plain diced tomatoes, as I didn't have any stewed either. I used closer to 2 cups of cheese instead of 1 cup. I will use this recipe often! Oh, I baked the whole pack of bacon on foil lined half sheet pan in the oven - it does a great job, and so much easier. Thanks so much for a great casserole!