Bacon, Slaw and Tomato Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 pieces white bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage slaw with dill
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until it's crispy, set it aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Toast the bread so that it's crisp and brown on the outside, and firm but softer on the inside. Let the slices cool briefly, then spread equal amounts of mayonnaise on each slice.
- Spread the 1/4 cup slaw on two of the slices of bread. Cut the tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the slices evenly on top of the slaw, and season them with a sprinkling of salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Top with the bacon and the other piece of bread. Press each sandwich down gently, and cut it in half diagonally with a serrated knife.
Join The Conversation