Bacon Lattice Apple Pie
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 6 cups apple pie filling (about 3, 21-oz. cans)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pie crusts
- 10 -12 slices uncooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray pie pan with a little nonstick spray.
- Place both pie crusts on top of each other and roll to form one large crust, about an inch larger than your deep dish pie pan. Place rolled dough in pie pan by rolling dough in rolling pin and then transferring it to pie pan. Decorate edges as desired.
- Mix apple pie filling, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice in a large bowl and pour into pie crust in pan. Smooth with a spatula.
To create bacon weave on top of pie:
- Lay six strips on pie. Fold back every other one. Place one strip of bacon going perpendicular to laid bacon. Fold over the strips that were folded back. Then fold back alternating strips. Add another strip of bacon and fold over folded strips. Repeat until you reach the other edge.
- Tuck in bacon at end with toothpick or just let it hang loose. Bacon will shrink as it bakes.
- Place on sheet tray and bake for about 50-60 minutes or until bacon is crispy and completely cooked and crust is golden brown.
- Cool for an hour or until filling is completely set. serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or caramel if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!