Bacon-Kissed Cauliflower Dip W/ Crispy Corn Tortillas #Ragu
photo by Lidia H.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups corn oil (for frying)
- 8 -10 white corn tortillas (cut into triangles)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked bacon (about 6 slices)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Ragú® Pasta Sauce, creamy mozzarella sauce
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese-style)
- In a small saucepan, heat oil; fry 6-8 tortilla triangles a time till crispy; remove with a slotted spoon and place over a paper towel-lined dish; sprinkle with sea salt; repeat process till all tortillas are fried; set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower till it resembles rice; set aside.
- In a medium pan, or Dutch oven, cook bacon till crispy and set aside to cool over paper towel. Remove all but 2 Tbsp bacon fat from pan; add 1 Tbsp butter and sauté onions till translucent; add cauliflower, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté till slightly browned (about 10 minutes); add Ragu mozzarella sauce and pepper Jack cheese; stir till combined; transfer to an oven-proof serving dish.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, 1 Tbsp melted butter and crumbled bacon; set aside.Top with bacon/breadcrumb mixture. (You may refrigerate at this point.).
- Bake in pre-heated oven (375 degrees F) till golden and bubbly. Serve with corn tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!