Bacon Jack Chicken
photo by Jodie A.
- Ready In:
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear; drain.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Top with bacon, onion, mushrooms and pepper jack cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is really simple and delicious. I used a non-stick pan to cook the chicken and the bacon was microwaved. This kept the amount of added fat to a minimum. After getting home from the store, I realized that I didn't have fresh mushrooms so I opted to used reconstituted dried shitake. The onions and mushrooms were added to the pan after the chicken was browned, the pan was covered and heat turned down to low for a few minutes. The onions caramelized and made a great bed for the finished chicken breast. Made for *Give Me Five*
Oh my gosh is this ever delicious!!! This was a perfect two person recipe as I made it for 16 yo DS and myself. I served it with my recipe for Fettucine All'alfredo, salad and garlic bread. I used chicken cutlets, so used 3 of them, baby portabella mushrooms and regular monterey cheese, as this is what I had on hand. I will definitely be making this again. Loved the woodsy mushroom and onion combination along with the bacon. Thanks for sharing Lainey. Made for photo tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!