Bacon, Egg and Spinach Breakfast Rolls
An easy, all in one breakfast that can be prepared ahead of time. Can be made for a couple or a baseball team with equal ease. I have had this recipe for years and still like it.
- Ready In:
- 1 bread roll, crispy, round, per person
- 4 -5 spinach leaves, per person
- 1 large egg, per person
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 -3 slices bacon, diced, per person
- 1⁄2 teaspoon barbecue sauce, per person
- 2 tablespoons white cheddar cheese, per person
- Cut a circular slice from the top of each roll and reserve the cap.
- Scoop out the inside of the rolls, leaving a thin shell.
- Drop the spinach into boiling water for 1 minute and drain well.
- Saute the spinach in butter for 1 minute. Drain and divide into the rolls.
- Saute the bacon and onions until tender.
- Stir in the BBQ sauce and add the mixture to the rolls.
- Break an egg into each roll, top with grated cheese and replace the reserved caps.
- Wrap individually in foil and place them on a cookie sheet in a PREHEATED 375 degree oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing the foil.
- THESE CAN BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME DOWN TO STEP 6. WRAP IN FOIL AND SIMPLY ADD THE EGG AND CHEESE WHEN YOU ARE READY.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a fun "to go" b'fast! These went together very fast and were quite tasty. And I love the option of finishing them at a later date. I did cheat a little by using real bacon bits, instead of frying fresh bacon. Just added them in with the onions and BBQ sauce. Thnx for sharing this great recipe, Hal. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.1Reply