Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bowls
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
8 breakfast bowls
- 1 (8 count) container ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 5 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the bottom side of a cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- Flatten each dough round to 1/4-inch thickness. With the cupcake pan turned upside down, place each dough circle over the back of each cupcake cup. Press the dough around the cup to form a bowl. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the biscuit bowls up-side down onto a baking sheet. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Discard half of the bacon grease from the pan.
- Add the eggs to the remaining bacon grease. Sprinkle with parsley, garlic powder, onion salt and pepper. When the eggs are done cooking, transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Arrange the breakfast bowls. Place the cooked eggs evenly in each biscuit bowl. Crumble the bacon over the eggs and top with American cheese.
- Place the biscuit bowls back in the oven to melt the cheese, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pull the bowls apart and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is truly one great recipe, it has it all, easy to make, looks great and taste even better. I made it with only one small change in that I used grated 4 cheese Mexican blend on top. Everyone of my visiting man-cubs loved it and asked for more. There were 3 boys here and not one of the 8 cups were left when they finished and all 3 said I should make this again and again. That's quite a compliment coming from these 3 picky eaters. I was thinking it might be even better (if that's possible) with my homemade biscuits, but all 3 said "no" they want it just like it is. Thanks so much for posting.
I was unable to find the appropriate biscuit dough. For some reason, my grocery store only had a 7.5-oz. tube of reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits, which ended up being a 10-count, so I guess my biscuit bowls ended up a bit smaller. They were still delicious though! I assumed I was supposed to scramble the eggs, which I did, adding the seasonings which gave them so much flavor. Each biscuit bowl was a wonderful pop-in-the-mouth flavorful treat, that I will definitely make again (using the right size biscuits). Made for Fall PAC 2012.