- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- In a bowl, whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, maple syrup, and melted butter together; blend well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix with the whisk, stopping when everything is just combined (don't worry if batter is a bit lumpy).
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the bacon.
- Lightly butter, oil, or spray your griddle or skillet; preheat over medium heat (if using an electric skillet, set to 350°).
- Preheat oven to 200°, if you are going to hold pancakes until serving time.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake, allowing space for spreading.
- When the undersides of the pancakes are golden and the tops are speckled with bubbles that pop and stay open, flip the pancakes over with a wide spatula; cook until the other sides are light brown.
- Serve immediately, or keep the finished pancakes in the preheated oven while you make the rest of the batch.
- Serve--plain or with maple syrup and butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!