This is a delicious lasagna that I make when I have a large crowd to feed. They always ask me for the recipe. It is from Taste of Home.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups shredded colby cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the bacon, tomato sauce, tomatoes, sugar and salt; cook until heated through.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish. Layer four noodles, some of the meat sauce and some of the cheese in dish. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a nice lasagna for meat lovers. The flavors are mild - I thought it would have a heavy bacon flavor, but it didn't. The colby cheese is an interesting change from traditional lasagna. I thought I would end up using less of the cheese, but I used all 4 cups and it seemed right. I added in some hot sauce and some black beans I had in the freezer. Thanks for sharing!Reply