MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Smokey bacon-flavored chili. Great for when you're out of beef.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In large pan, fry bacon until crisp. Reserve about 3 T bacon grease, and then discard the remaining grease.
- Remove bacon from pan and chop into small pieces.
- Add reserved bacon grease back into the pan.
- Over medium heat, cook onions and celery until tender.
- Add minced garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Add chopped bacon and simmer for another 5 minutes, or until bacon is heated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION