Bacon Cheeseburgers With French Onion Dip
photo by Kim127
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 4 hamburger buns (we like to use the onion rolls from our grocery store's bakery)
- 8 slices bacon (we love thick sliced, applewood smoked bacon)
- 4 -8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, cut into thick slices (colby or mild cheddar also work well)
- 8 ounces French onion dip (fat free, or made with fat free sour cream is fine(the burgers have plenty of fat already, you won't)
- Shape ground chuck into 4 patties.
- Cook burgers ALMOST to your preferred doneness on the BBQ grill, grill pan, under the broiler, in a pan, or on your george foreman grill.
- Top with cheese, continue to cook until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Assemble burgers, spreading top and bottom half of the buns with the french onion dip, and topping each burger with two slices of the bacon.
- You may want to have a little extra french onion dip for dipping your burger, as it tends to slide if you put too much on the bun, and you'll want plenty!
- For a super sinful & greasy meal, serve with fries or onion rings. For a little healthier side dish, serve with a big salad with fresh tomatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Despite both of us already having full time jobs, my husband and I are venturing into small business. You can track our progress on our blog, listed as my website at the bottom of this page. Please leave comments, email us, zmail me, offer advice, etc. We are so very excited about this, and are moving forward slowly, funding this ourselves and have chosen not to pursue any sort of loan at this time. <br />We have 2 daughters, ages 5 and 7, and a little boy who is almost 1 year old.<br />My new little guy, born in June! <br /><br /><a href=http://s830.photobucket.com/albums/zz223/SrtaMaestra/Jonah%20August%202009/?action=view?t=100_2411.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz223/SrtaMaestra/Jonah%20August%202009/th_100_2411.jpg border=0 alt= /></a></p>