Bacon Cheese Muffins
This recipe was found in a muffin cookbook I came across. I believe I picked up this cookbook from a yardsale last year.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Drain, reserving drippings. If necessary add oil to drippings to measure 1/3 cup. In a small bowl, combine dripping mixture, egg and milk, set aside. Crumble bacon, set aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Make well in center. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Fod in bacon, cheese. Spoon into greased or paperlined 2 1/2 inch muffin cups. Fillling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, let cool on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I followed the recipe as written but I was the only one that liked these muffins. Mine weren't real flavorful. Maybe I didn't get enough bacon grease from my bacon. I did like the hint of sugar in these. These were easy to make. I got 10 nice size muffins from this. I have a convection oven so I cooked for 20 minutes at 350 degrees (used a conversion chart to come up with this)1Reply
see 2 more