Bacon and Peanut Butter on Crispy Toast Appetizer
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 9 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the crust from the bread (or buy bread with the crust already removed).
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with melted butter.
- Spread peanut butter on each slice of bread.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 pieces.
- Place bread quarter on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake on the center rack in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bread turns brown and toasty.
- Serve and watch the reaction! Make sure you have copies of the recipe on hand to give out.
Join The Conversation
I made this for the gang on our little mini-vacation. Everyone loved this unique appetizer. What a nice change of pace from the usual treats that usually show up at gatherings. I made two batches, the first exactly as written and then the second batch I used Amish Peanut Butter (a mixture of peanut butter and marshmallow cream). Both ways were excellent. Thanks for sharing this treat, SoozieQ. It's a winner!