Bacon and Green Onions Rice
This is suuuuuuuch good rice! besides benihana fried rice, this is my absolute favorite rice! goes really well as a side to porkchops!
- Ready In:
- Slice bacon into small bite-size pieces. Fry them until crisp in a deep pan. Set bacon aside. Dispose of bacon fat but keep the residue on the pan.
- Chop green onions thinly.
- Add white rice to same pan over medium heat and keep stirring until golden. (otherwise it will burn.) Do not cover rice while cooking.
- Once rice is golden, add the chopped green onions and stir together for a couple of minutes.
- Add bacon and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add water and soy sauce. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until water is gone. Stick a fork all the way down and part it to see if theres any water left. If no water is left, taste to see if rice tastes done.
- Serve as side and enjoy it!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very nice dish! Made exactly as directed and it came out wonderfully. I do believe we will reduce the soy sauce by half next time as the combination of the soy sauce and bacon was too salty for us. We also thought we might try a few additions for the next round ~ maybe some diced water chestnuts and pineapple wedges for a variation.Thank you for posting a tasty side dish we will definitely try again very soon! **Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap Tag 21**1Reply