Bacon and Egg Tacos
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 4 slices uncooked bacon, finely chopped (or use any amount desired)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (or use 18% table cream or half and half)
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter (omit if using bacon grease)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 chopped green onions (optional)
- 6 (6 inch) floured tortillas (warmed)
- salsa (use any amount desired)
- In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp; remove to a plate (you may drain the fat or leave a few tablespoons in the skillet and omit the butter).
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with cream, baking powder, salt and pepper until well combined, then add in the cooked bacon.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook until almost firm but still slightly watery.
- Add in the cheese and cook gently stirring until the eggs are just cooked and the cheese has melted.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup or a little more down the center of each warm tortilla, then sprinkle a small amount of green onions (if using) over the egg mixture.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling.
- You may place the rolled tortillas in a baking dish, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great brunch! I made this as directed except that I used a Mexican four-cheese blend. I microwaved the tortillas for about 10 seconds each before I filled and rolled them. Both DH and DGS loved these and said so many times in between bites, lol. I served salsa, sour cream and additional green onions on the side. Thanks once again Kitten for another keeper. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.