Bacon and Brussels Sprout Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (more if needed)
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 48 fresh Brussels sprouts, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup almonds, divided (Marconas or see note in description)
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon and orange into a large bowl with the shallots. Pour the oil into the bowl in a steady stream, whisking to form an emulsion (it should appear more creamy and less transparent). Season generously with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using a mandoline or food processor with a slicing blade, shave the brussel sprouts (not including the stems) into thin slices to make a shredded/slaw texture.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until chopped coarsely. Add 3/4 cup almonds, cheese and bacon to the shredded brussel sprouts; toss to combine. When ready to serve, toss with the dressing and sprinkle remaining almonds, cheese and bacon over the top. If needed, add a few more tablespoons of olive oil and toss.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!"
Join The Conversation