Bacon and Brown Sugar-Braised Collard Greens
photo by 3KillerBs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 slices smoked bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package prewashed torn collard greens
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in pan; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in crumbled bacon, 2 cups water, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper). Gradually add greens. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love food and cooking!