Backcountry Pizza Crust
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From the Junior League of Denver cookbook, Colorado Collage, this is an excellent pizza crust that is easy to make.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄4 ounces dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- In small glass bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand 5-10 minutes, until slightly bubbly.
- In large bowl, combine flour, salt, olive oil, honey, and cold water.
- Add yeast mixture and stir to blend.
- Knead by hand until smooth and glossy, about 10 minutes.
- Form into ball and place dough in oiled bowl, turning to coat entire surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap and towel, and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide in half, and shape each piece into a 12-inch round.
- (May be prepeared to this point up to 2 months in advance. Place dough in freezer-safe plastic bag and freeze. Thaw, at room temperature, 30 minutes before preceeding.).
- Crust may be prebaked 10 minutes before adding toppings, or top uncooked crust with desired toppings and bake 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION