Baby Potatoes and Green Beans (Meatless)
photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- Cook the unpeeled potatoes and green beans separately in salted water 'til slightly fork-tender. I use the microwave. Or you can steam them. The green beans cook faster than the potatoes will.
- Drain well and let set in the cooking pan with a lid on for about 4 minutes.
- Pour the potatoes and beans into a large bowl.
- To the potatoes, add the butter and sea salt and gently toss together.
- Pile into a serving bowl and serve.
- OPTION: Sprinkle with grated Parmasan cheese or crispy, crumbled bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved it! I microwaved the green beans (they were the fresh steam in the bag kind) and boiled the potatoes. Then mixed them together with the butter and added salt and pepper. Went well with the beef stroganoff I made for dinner, and I actually liked the beans and potatoes better than the stroganoff!
The sea salt made this recipe, really. It's also very easy, fast, and doesn't have many ingredients. My BF and I added hot sauce to kick up the flavor a bit and used less butter, or, rather, less margarine. We also substituted frozen beans for fresh (I didn't have time to devote to preparing fresh beans.) I've no doubt butter and fresh beans would have tasted better:D The white, red and green colors were very attractive. If there were microwave time directions for the potatoes I would have gone that route, but I boiled them instead and that only took 15 minutes. Thanks Kathy!