Baby Finger Food - Chopped Chicken Fingers W/ Apples
- Ready In:
- 1 cup ground chicken
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium apple
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 small egg yolk, beaten (check with your doctor before serving eggs to your little one)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, FRESH
- 1 pinch dried thyme, crushed
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Peel and grate the carrot, apple, garlic and onion.
- Place into a mixing bowl, along with the ground chicken.
- Add the beaten egg yolk, breadcrumbs, thyme and black pepper. Mix well.
- Take small balls of the mixture and roll into 8 little "sausages".
- Place on a grill pan (broiler) and heat under the grill for 10 mins on each side.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve, or store some in the freezer for future use (if you haven't already eaten them!).
- Younger babies may need them broken into smaller pieces or even mashed a bit before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The most defining trait in my life is that I am a mother to two wonderful boys (Tyler, 20 and Zayden, 9). I live in the little college town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. It is the most wonderful place to live as it's nestled in the Appalachian Mountains and along the beautiful Susquehanna River. Seeing that we live in Central Pennsylvania, our family is also a bunch of HARDCORE Penn State Nittany Lion fans! We are...PENN STATE! I was lucky enough to be given tickets to see Joe Paterno win his 400th game as the head coach of the football team. I cried like I did when my children were born. The other love of my life is cooking. I didn't really start trying to cook until I was 20, but believe me I have made up for lost time! I absolutely adore baking and I do it whenever I can. I love making Christmas cookies and I have begun hosting our extended families at our home for Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. So far so good. I love food.com because it allows me to expand my culinary skills and my recipe box with ideas from other people like me. There is something for everyone and I have been a loyal member since 2005. I hope you enjoy my recipes and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.