Aztec Gold Chili
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 -6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (don't drain!)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole pinto beans
- 2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- Combine first ten ingredients in microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 2 and 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in 1-2 T water if mixture becomes too dry.
- Microwave on high 2 and 1/2 to 3 minutes or till onions are tender crisp.
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Stir in turkey.
- Microwave on high 10-13 minutes or til turkey is partially done, stirring once.
- Add tomatoes, beans, peppers and chocolate.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on medium for 40 minutes, stirring twice.
- Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, diced onions and tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag. This was awesome chili and because it was so thick we thought it would make a great filling for tacos, burritos, or enchiladas. This was the first time that I"ve ever used chocolate in a chili recipe or any other entree for that matter and I have to say it tasted pretty good. This recipe is easily halved. Thanks for posting this Recipe Junkie! Updated 1/13/09 to add stars - forgot to add them the first time. Sorry Recipe Junkie!