Awesome Sloppy Joes
This is a simple recipe with a nice little kick to them and ingredients that you usually have on hand. All the kids love these sandwiches. This is a recipe from Betty Crocker's cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup catsup (I add more, about double it)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper sauce (or to liking, I add alot more)
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted (but I like to use hot dog buns, holds filling in better)
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a 10 inch skillet until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except buns. Cover and cook over low heat just until vegetables are tender. 10-15 minutes.
- Fill buns with beef mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation