These are Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies that can be enjoyed by all. You'll never have to worry about salmonella as you eat this dough.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Note that the flour measurement is for unsifted (and slightly packed) flour. Also make sure your chocolate chips are vegan if you so desire. Mix as much chocolate chips in as you want.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Dough should be kinda wet, but not soup so add flour if you need to.
- Make balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 min, expect the cookies to be soft and gooey.
- Place on a cooling rack and the cookies will loose it's gooeyness.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm sorry - I don't know what went wrong but these cookie did not really turn out for me. I did not change anything with ingredients and the cookies were flat and really just taste like vanilla. After the first batch the cookies were really stuck to the pan (even though I sprayed) so I reduced the cooking time a few minutes but that did not help - they just became hard. I'm so sorry - I just hate having to leave a lower star review. Made for the I Recommend tag game.Reply
Oh WOW, these cookies are absolutely AMAZING!!!! They have the perfect crunchy texture with a soft centre and taste incredibly delicious! Mmmm! I made the recipe exactly as written except for using only 1/4 cup oil and only 1/4 cup sugar. It turned out fabulous! I will use this recipe as my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe from now on (and Im not even a vegan lol). THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for sharing this awesome recipe with us, KJones!Reply