Awesome Ambrosia for a Crowd
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin orange segments
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, -cut in halves can add more if you like
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) bag coconut (I use Bakers)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- Strain your pineapple and orange segments to get rid of extra juice. (I sometimes press on top of friut lightly to help this). You want your fruit as drained as possible, runny ambrosia is yucky :) add the cherries.
- Then sprinkle about 2/3 of the vanilla pudding over your fuit, this adds flavor and also will help firm up the ambrosia.
- Next fold in the cool whip and the sour cream. Add the coconut, you can use more or less depending on how much you like coconut.
- Mix all together.
- Now I refrigerate overnight and then about 4 or 5 hours before you are ready to serve (in the morning is good)I add the marshmallows. This keeps them from getting too mushy. You can of course add them at the same time as the coconut. It's just a matter of preference.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just made this for a BBQ we had on Memorial Day. I changed the recipe a little because I didn't have vanilla pudding on hand and I had a mixture of crushed and sliced pineapple. I also used light sour cream and you couldn't tell the difference. In the end it turned out delicous! Everyone loved it. I will try this again with the pudding. Either way, this recipe is a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
see 2 more reviews