- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Line a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with nonstick foil and lightly grease the bottom only.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Scoop the avocado into a large bowl and mash lightly.
- Add oil and brown sugar to the avocado. Cream together using an electric mixer, until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in bananas, then walnuts and dry ingredients.
- Stir in buttermilk and beat just until buttermilk is incorporated.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Avocanana bread is quite moist and may not pass the "toothpick" test at this point. If you prefer a drier bread, bake a little longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!