Avocado Toast With Poached Eggs & Prosciutto
Breakfast for dinner just got a whole lot tastier. When I was a kid, there was nothing more exciting than the novelty of having pancakes for dinner. I still get a thrill out of indulging in the occasional meal swap, only now I do it in the form of avocado toast with poached eggs.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 avocado, mashed
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 2 eggs, poached
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1. In a pot of boiling water, add a Tbsp of vinegar and gently swirl the water in one direction. Carefully drop the eggs one at a time and poach for 2-4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- 2. Meanwhile cut the avocados in half, remove stones and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Mash with a fork and squeeze in fresh lemon or lime juice and salt and pepper.
- 3. Smear toast with avocado, and top with lettuce, tomatoes, prosciutto and the poached egg. Top with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and serve immediately.
- 4. ENJOY!