Avocado Tea Sandwiches
Smoked salmon plays off crispy cucumber and creamy avocado. From EatingWell magazine April/May 2006. Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat (1 Carbohydrate Serving). Posted for ZWT6.
- Ready In:
- 1 avocado, ripe, sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 very thin slices wheat bread (your preference)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 12 thin slices English cucumbers
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl.
- Thinly spread on bread and top with salmon, avocado and cucumber.
- Serve with your favorite tea beverage.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Made for ZWT-8 because we are smoked salmon lovers & I was intrigued w/the combo of flavours. I love being able to show my Icelandic friends new & diff ways to satisfy their passion for smoked salmon & this is clearly 1 of the easiest I've found. It's also 1 of the tastiest. I'm not sure why the combo of avocado & smoked salmon surprised me so, but it did. Other than using lemon pepper vs cracked black pepper, these sammies were made as written. Thin slicing is key here & I admit to getting "off target" w/the prep of the avocado - it was ripe & sliced too thickly by me. I tried to fix that & ended up w/a pile of avocado pulp, so I took it all the way & made a spread to use. DH is gone right now, but this lovely treat awaits his return today & he'll be pleased. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us