Avocado Salmon Spread
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 6 ounces salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ripe mexican avocado
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Season the salmon filet with the black pepper. Set a small skillet over low/medium heat, add the olive oil, salmon filet, shallot and garlic and cook, turning the salmon once for about 10 minutes. The salmon should be just cooked through.
- Transfer the salmon, including the shallot and garlic, to a small mixing bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- When the salmon is fully chilled, use a fork to flake the fish apart. Remove the pit and scoop the avocado flesh right into the bowl, add the lemon juice and mash all together well. Stir in the cream cheese, chives, dill, salt and cayenne and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with crackers, bagel chips or toast points.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!